About

ABOUT US

Welcome to Rosarian Academy, a coeducational, Catholic independent school founded in 1925. Sponsored by the Adrian Dominican Sisters for over 90 years and accredited by the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS). Rosarian Academy is rich in tradition, spiritual ethics and academic excellence. As a strong, family-centered community of faculty, teachers, parents and students, we’re joined in creating an exceptional environment that excels in knowledge, faith, arts, athletics and active service. Starting in our Montessori Early Childhood program (up to 5 years old) and continued through the Lower School (K – 4th) and Middle School (5th – 8th), we are dedicated to individually valuing each student and providing a secure and safe foundation for life.

Faith
Academics
Athletics
Arts
Service
Creating a strong school culture where children genuinely love to learn and seamlessly advance with a support system built for their unique success.
EARLY CHILDHOOD
UP TO AGE 5
LOWER SCHOOL
K – 4TH
MIDDLE SCHOOL
5TH – 8TH

OUR STORY

1925

Recognizing the need for a Catholic educational institution in South Florida, Bishop Patrick F. Barry, along with four Adrian Dominican Sisters, decided to create the all-girl St. Ann On-The-Lake Academy, teaching Kindergarten through 12th grade.

1940

Recognizing the need for a Catholic educational institution in South Florida, Bishop Patrick F. Barry, along with four Adrian Dominican Sisters, decided to create the all-girl St. Ann On-The-Lake Academy, teaching Kindergarten through 12th grade.

1950

Recognizing the need for a Catholic educational institution in South Florida, Bishop Patrick F. Barry, along with four Adrian Dominican Sisters, decided to create the all-girl St. Ann On-The-Lake Academy, teaching Kindergarten through 12th grade.

1960

The 60’s were a time of great social and political change for Rosarian. The educational structure was enhanced with forward-thinking programs and a guidance department. In addition, the state-of-the-art Margaret Tighe Machlin Fine Arts Center was built.

1970

Innovation and change continued to take place at the school. The Montessori Early Childhood school was established in 1974.

1980

Student input was taken into consideration for curriculum and social issues during this period. In 1986, the school’s coeducational structure was implemented for Early Childhood through 8th grade. Activities such as Boy Scouts and intramural sports were also added.

1990

The high school closed in 1991 and reestablished to cover Montessori Early Childhood and kindergarten through 8th grade.  The first co-ed 8th grade class graduated in 1992.

2001

The groundbreaking for the Margaret and Michael Picotte Center for Athletics and Fine Arts, a 49,000 square-foot complex, began in 2001. The building was dedicated in 2009.

2006

The swimming pool was filled in and today, the new ground serves as a tennis and volleyball court.

2010

The Garvy Gym opened and the Rosary Chapel was rededicated.

2015

Stephen Rubenacker began his tenure as Rosarian’s first male Head of School.

Today

Over the last ninety years, Rosarian has experienced immense change. However, its guiding principles, grounded in strong moral and spiritual values, intellectual growth and service-mindedness, remain the same.